Sunday, May 6, 2012

SATYAMEV SATYAMEV SATYAMEV JAYATE!!!

I've always liked Aamir Khan. He doesn't disappoint! Definitely not in Satyamev Jayate. I'm not a big fan of reality shows and talk shows game shows and all the other kind of shows which continue to flood and plague the idiot box (not anymore at least and to be honest I've never really seen much of them). Satyamev Jayate I liked. Female Foeticide is a serious issue and that's how it was portrayed-with seriousness and rather clinically.

There were some horrifying tales of cruelty and incredulity. A woman, a doctor by profession, a wife of a surgeon, and daughter-in-law of a Professor and a retired vice-principal, saw one of her twin young infant daughters kicked down the stairs by her own mother-in-law. Another had several of her daughters aborted by her in-laws. Another had her face mutilated for the same reason. Makes you think! We're not as civilized as we believe. We're still capable of performing appalling, horrifying and barbaric acts. Only thing we've learned is discrimination.

It's important for some people to further their name. So that even though they will be gone from the world, their name will live on. Well, newsflash people! Nobody cares about your 'name' and your lineage. What you are remembered for are your actions. If I wanted to be remembered forever, I'd write a book ( a good one that a lot of people like ). At some point in time, in my life, I felt prejudiced against the whole concept of last names. It just didn't feel right. I mean I just couldn't ask people their full name. Nor was I comfortable telling my own. It felt wrong. As I grew up, of course, I became more comfortable with the idea. This problem would not be there in a world without last names ( One of my ultimate fantasies ). We're not defined by the names of our fathers. Are we? It's what they teach us, the values that we learn from them that matter. So, ...........aaaa MURDERERS,..... don't,... please don't try to father a son after killing your daughter! For all I know, you don't deserve to 'further your name' ( doesn't bring much glory to your sons ).

All in all, I'm glad that we're getting something meaningful on television. It aired simultaneously on DD1( which i grew up watching) and star plus, a first in the history of indian television. Well done, Aamir!! Congratulations on fully and correctly utilizing the power of television.Once again you didn't disappoint.




No comments:

Post a Comment